Laptop batteries related questions do end up in my inbox not from shoppers but from laptops owners. Many want answers to questions pertaining to the mobile power supply of their laptop computer and the rest just want to know about the places where they can buy them online without any fuss.
From the frequently asked questions, I have jotted down some points that you can look at before you jet off and purchase a laptop computer battery as well as several useful tips that will hopefully benefit you. Before I go on please know that this generally applies to any laptops such as Apple, Toshiba, HP (Hewlett-Packard), Compaq, Sony, Dell, Gateway, IBM, Fujitsu, Panasonic and so on...
(In a hurry? Here's the laptop batteries online store locator!).
Laptop Battery Questions
- Why do I need a main laptop battery? Sometimes the problem might be with another component of your laptop that might be shortening your battery's usual life. But yet again, you might need a spare one for those boring long flights (I made use of 3 in a trip once).
- How long do I need to run your laptop without the AC power source? This will determine what kind of batteries to choose but also to keep in mind that you need to make provision for the charging time.
Additional battery tips
- There are two kinds of laptop batteries: Main: this power battery operates the computer as a whole / Clock Backup: that's self explanatory.
- Lifetime of a laptop batteries can be up to 700 charging cycles
- Do take advantage of guarantees. If something goes wrong, (politely) ask your retailer for a new one.
- New ones will take longer than usual to charge up at first. This is fairly normal so wait before you send a frantic email to your dealer :)
- Your power management features will benefit your laptop and battery. When the computer is passive make sure that less energy consumption is used.
- Keep them clean and far from magnetic elements and away from extremely high temperatures. Think twice before you leave your laptop in a car on a sunny day.
- The more applications you run, the more direct impact it will have on your laptop batteries. Do you really need to have 7 applications running all at once. I am actually speaking for myself here. That's why my battery never lasts an hour and a half :(
- It's a good idea to let your batteries go flat completely and the charge them fully. Also, please recycle. The more responsible people like you this earth's has the better off it will be for our future generations.
Laptop Batteries Online Stores
- It's not as if I spend all day, hunting down laptop batteries. But, here is a merchant that I would trust to deliver a good laptop battery to me. I have read great reviews about them from various computer magazines and laptop comparisons sites.
eBatts.com -Laptop BatteriesShopping online at eBatts.com is safe and secure. They are the world's leading cyberstore for batteries and accessories! They are committed to providing you with the highest level of customer service and superior products with the largest laptop batteries selection anywhere. "None of our customers have ever reported fraudulent use of their credit cards as a result of shopping with us."
Look in for batteries (Main batteries, CMOS and RAM Backup batteries), AC Adapters and Auto Adapters for the following laptop computers: Apple, Toshiba, HP (Hewlett-Packard), Compaq, Sony, Dell, Gateway, IBM, Fujitsu, Panasonic and so on...
- Amazon.com - Laptop BatteriesAmazon has a pretty good selection of batteries. Search by manufacturer or model number.